Saturday, March 24, 2007

And the wind blew....

After my grocery shopping trip, I unloaded the groceries in my car, then looked for my receipt to bask in my savings. I looked in the cart where I thought I had left it...no. I looked in my purse, no again. I looked in my coupon notebook (yes, I have a coupon notebook), strike out again. I even crouched down and looked under all the cars near by. Nothing! How was I supposed to know how well I did? I was so upset!!! :( Well, I got in the car and proceeded to leave to head to the next store when lo and behold, what do I see? A piece of paper flapping against the curb. I pull over and jump out.....TRIUMPH!!! The receipt had been found!!! And here are the beautiful savings:

Total: $87.62
I paid: $18.60
Saved: $69.02 79% savings

At the next store, I bought a TON of stuff! Here are the numbers for that trip:

Total: $329.56
I paid: $115.00
Saved: $214.56 65% savings

2 comments:

Suzi said...

I can't believe you found it and I am so jealous of all of your savings!!

Kelli said...

You bought A LOT of stuff on the second receipt. LOL. I can only imagine.