Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What an adventure!!!

A trip to the doctor's office is never just that. I had a friend pick up the oldest from school, so I just had the 4 yr old and the baby. No big deal, right? I get to the office, and I'm getting the baby set up in the stroller when I hear :::SHUT:::

My lovely 4 year old has helped mommy out by shutting the car door......WITH MY KEYS INSIDE!!!! Okay, breathe, count to 10, don't yell. Luckily I remembered that my dear, sweet hubby has put a key under the bumper in one of those nifty little magnetic boxes. I duck under the car to retrieve my saving grace, and I am quite excited to find it quickly. I unlock the car and rescue my keys and diaper bag. Whew! Into the doctor's office we go...

I get checked in and we take our seat in the waiting room. I keep thinking that I'm hearing some flatulence, when my daughter smiles at me and says, "Excuse me mommy. I tooted!"

I was somewhat relieved to hear her say that because I was really hoping that it wasn't the baby. Boy, was I wrong! He just discovered his feet yesterday so he was having a blast trying to get his scrumptious toes into his drooly mouth. That's when I knew there was trouble. Nice yellow poo oozing out. Great! Just what I needed. I can't head to the bathroom because they'll be calling my name any minute. So we have to wait, hoping that no more business is conducted south of the border. Finally, I hear my name. We go in and I get to tackle the bomb that has gone off in my son's pants. About 6 wipes, a change of clothes and 2 specimen bags (for the dirty diaper & dirty clothes) later, we have a clean baby.

After all that excitement, the actual doctor's visit seemed quite mundane. It was as I suspected, an ear infection. I got my prescription and left to pick up the oldest. The best part of the afternoon was that they took my expired coupon for a $20 gift card with the filling of my prescription. Nice! So it wasn't all bad....

4 comments:

Suzi said...

Are you kidding me?! Bless your heart!

Z. Marie said...

One time when Laura was a baby, she had an explosive diaper just as we were leaving for church. Not an experience I'd like to repeat anytime soon!

Kelli said...

Ahhhhh I remember the explosive ones. You poor thing!

Barlow Family said...

Ouch, I'm so sorry for the whole thing. Nothing worse than dealing with kid issues (especially poop) when you feel like death yourself. Good luck getting better.