Wednesday, May 2, 2007

How to scare a baby

My friend Brenda was so kind to watch my kids yesterday afternoon so I could get ready for a meeting that evening. I went to pick them up and Baby G was sleeping. We chatted for a little bit, waiting for him to wake up. He woke up and I picked him up. He looked at me with a very confused look on his face. He studied my face for few seconds and broke out in full-blown wails? Was I really that scary? I had my hair down, I had a little make-up on, and I didn't have my glasses on. I pulled him close so he could hear my voice. Still no luck. Brenda came and got him, and he immediately stopped crying. What the heck?!?!?! Then we quickly realized...he didn't recognize me! While Brenda was holding him, she pulled a rubber band out of her hair and gave it to me. I pulled my hair back and then took the baby back. There was mama! He recognized me again. He's seen me with my hair down. He has seen me with my glasses off. He has seen me with make-up on. But I guess never all 3 at once. Way to over do it muggle!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Too funny! I always wondered how the kids felt after their parents were on Extreme Makeover. Talk about a serious change!

Anonymous said...

That was to funny yesterday. I have never seen a baby do that before. We will have to try that again someday.

Trish said...

That's funny. I'm surprised it took hi awhile to recognize your voice, he must have been really sleepy!

megan said...

Classic - i guess my kids feel best when i haven't showered for at least a day and I'm wearing my pajamas...