Friday, June 15, 2007

A True Tragedy

My heart is broken. There is a pit in my stomach. I've done something awful and I don't know if I can forgive myself.

I was making some delicious buttermilk pancakes and there just happened to be a little buttermilk left over. What was I to do with that poor little buttermilk? Pour it down the drain? Heck NO!!!! I had to make one last, mouth-watering buttermilk pie. (Don't judge me!) I divided the recipe in 1/3, whipped up the batter, poured it in my last pie shell, and stuck it in the oven. 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Done. Then I turned down the oven to 300. The pie needed another 30 minutes. BUT I forgot to set the timer. Mistake number 1. I realized about 3 hours later that I had left the pie in the oven. Dang it! Well, I take it out. It's pretty brown....not burnt, but definitely over-cooked. Then the hubby says, "A true fan would still eat it...."

Oh no he didn't!

I grabbed a fork and dug in. It was edible, but not enjoyable. Mistake number 2. Hey, at least I tried.

3 comments:

Muggle's Mom said...

Eewww...or yuck...don't know how to spell it but are you crazy or what??!!!

Allison said...

Signs that you need a buttermilk pie intervention:

1. You consume more than one buttermilk pie a week
2. You can eat an entire buttermilk pie in one sitting
3. You lament throwing away a miniscule amount of buttermilk to the point that you divide the recipe into THIRDS to use every ounce of the stuff
4. You blog more about buttermilk pie than you do about your kids
5. YOU EAT YUCKY BURNT BUTTERMILK PIE JUST TO PROVE A POINT.

It's official...you are completely addicted and may need professional help! =P Love you sis.

Muggle Mom said...

thanks sis! lol!!!! you crack me up!