Monday, June 11, 2007

I think I hate summer vacation


So we're starting the 3rd week of summer vacation. The first week was busy because it was all new. The second week was good because the girls had "summer camp." And now we're on week 3. The girls were grounded from TV on Monday. They were acting really well, so I let them watch a movie that afternoon. Must have been a bad idea because they started acting very obnoxious afterwards and lost TV for Tuesday. Both girls got "spicy" in their mouths tonight. One for accidentally biting her sister and the other for back talking. I'm torn because should I schedule some activites, like going to the pool, a trip to the library, perhaps a bowling outing? But then they wouldn't "pay" for their bad behavior. I gotta figure something out because my kids are going to drive me crazy!

On a yummier note, I made 3 buttermilk pies. (My new favorite). I shared one with a friend and the missionaries, sent one home with the missionaries, and the last one is all mine! Yep. That's right. I'm going to eat the WHOLE thing by my lil' ol' self!

4 comments:

Barlow Family said...

Ok, now we need the recipe. Sorry for the hard start. Why don't you tell them they're starting Summer over and then you can "plan" some stuff out on the Calendar. Maybe if they're part of the planning they won't want to loose the chance to participate. Just an idea. I've NEVER had to deal with this stuff, I'm just getting the beginning of it with Cameron. Sheesh. Why can't they just stay sweet.

Suzi said...

What the heck is a buttermilk pie? Don't go crazy-I am coming in less than a month and then we will have a whole week of fun!

Muggle's Nana said...

Yes, what is Buttermilk pie?? I've never heard of it. I like Susie Barlow's idea...start over and have them help plan some fun stuff. They sure will have fun with their Auntie from NYC coming!

Allison said...

Just increase the daily beatings from twice a day to three times a day....you know you do it! Kidding, kidding. Wish I had some sage advice for you, but alas, my children are crazier than yours!