Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday, A New Day

Today was a much better day than yesterday. Thank goodness! The kids and I ran around doing errands most of the day. They were VERY well behaved. (The family home evening talk must have worked last night....one for the parents!) I got a new purse, new capris, a few goodies for the kids, some stuff for the hubby for father's day, and even made it to lunch with some friends to celebrate a birthday. We went to story time for dinner and now the girls are in bed asleep. (K did get spicy in her mouth for putting a dice in her mouth. She has a bad problem putting foreign objects in her mouth, but the hubby dealt with that while I was at a meeting).

So now I'm eating the remainder of my buttermilk pie. Yes, I'm eating 2/3 of a pie in one sitting. Shut up. I don't care. It's delicious. For those who were curious of what a buttermilk pie is, here is the recipe:

Buttermilk Pie

3 x 9” unbaked pie shells
½ Cup butter, melted
3 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
¼ Cup Flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
2 Cups Buttermilk
½ tsp. vanilla extract

Cream the butter, sugar, and eggs thoroughly. Add flour and blend well. Mix soda, lemon juice, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Blend into first mixture. Pour into pie shells and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue to bake for 30 minutes.

Plus, my husband left me a tiny, well....HUGE love note on our garage floor. Wasn't that so sweet? I sure love that man of mine!

3 comments:

Barlow Family said...

YUMMY! I just printed it, may try it with the inlaws. : )

Suzi said...

I still don't get it--you will have to make me one when I come to TX. And way to go Matt with the cute love note!

Emily said...

The garage note is so cute. I might have to try that sometime, but that would mean there had to be room in the garage...

OK, you've got to post your recipes on my recipe blog! If you want an invite to post let me know! I too amd curious about the buttermilk pie--is it similar to a chess pie?