Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Without drugs

I am very ADD and therefore, not usually very productive without one of my little friends, Adderall or caffeine. Today, though, I was stimulant-free AND productive. Yay me!

I woke up, fed the kids and made myself breakfast tacos. Not as good as Taco Cabana's breakfast tacos, but I have 3 dozen eggs that I have to use up (eggs were on sale this week). I washed all the dishes, even the big stuff like cookie sheets that usually sit in a rinsed-but-not-washed state on my counter for a minimum of one week. Why is it so much hard to rub a little soap on the cookie sheets and then just be done with them? I don't know, but there is just something in me that says that cookie sheets have to sit and cure on the counter for a little bit. But now they are clean and put away.

I decided it was getting annoying not being able to walk into the food closet. Yes, I have a food closet. It's not a pantry, as I already have one of those, but indeed, a closet. So all of my cheap and free food got a little organization and order. Check it out:




Pretty spiffy huh? I even cleaned out under my kitchen sink. I won't even tell you how many boxes of dishwasher tablets or bottles of Dawn I have. Needless to say, I won't need to buy either of those for probably at least 5 years. Maybe my cleaning supplies wouldn't last so long if I actually used them. What a thought! And so now, they are all ready to go for when the moment arrives when I'm ready to use them.

After organizing, I took the kids to the library where the girls got their very own library cards. They were so excited. I even cooked dinner...with dessert! I cooked barbecue ribs, rice, beans and brownies. It was all delicious!And while dinner was cooking, I did a little exercise on the Wii. I love that thing! Yeah, I know it's a sorry excuse for exercise, but it's better than nothing!

So here's a little pat on the back for me for having a productive day all on my own. No Adderall. No Dr Pepper (or any other soda for that matter). Now I have to stay up late reading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. I have to get it read before Friday night's release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Time for some speed reading!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I am so proud of you sister...I am NEVER that productive. I blame my lack of productivity on the fact that I work nights, but maybe I am just a TINY bit lazy. You inspire me though...maybe I will FINALLY get the boys play room organized!

Barlow Family said...

I am impressed, not only with your organizing, but with all the things you were able to get done. And I was proud that I actually fed my family before girls night. (I usually leave that up to Mike!) I'm reading the Half-Blood Prince too, just need a quick refresher. Don't know if I'll get it done by Friday though. Hmmm

Z. Marie said...

At least I'm not the only person who delays washing cookie sheets!

Muggle's Mom said...

Wow, what a day! I can't believe your food closet..that is amazing. Bar b que sounds so mmmmm good!

Miles from Montana said...

Congrats! That is impressive. I need one of those days.