Monday, July 23, 2007

The End

I got my book on Friday night at midnight. I got a couple friends to come with me too! It was so fun to see everyone dressed up! After getting home, I read until about 3:30am. Then Saturday, I didn't get a ton of reading time because we were running around with the family running errands. But after we got the kids in bed, I read from 9pm until 6am Sunday morning and finished. What a masterpiece! JK Rowling has created a series that is so amazing! She ended it well, and I can't wait to reread it! I'm just waiting for my eyes to uncross and get caught up on a little rest before I start up again. The only thing I will say is that not as many known characters died as I was expecting. Bonus!

UPDATED: Here's a pic of me and my friends that were oh-so-kind to join me. Thanks gals!

4 comments:

Muggle's mom said...

Glad to hear a good review from someone I know! There have been alot of positive reviews on this book and since I haven't read any of the series, it's good to know there are still good writers out there for a great entertaining read when I get around to it. It'll be a fun thing to go through all the books!

Miles from Montana said...

You must be exhausted!

Allison said...

Just wanted to say thanks for getting me hooked on Harry Potter. I remember the good ol' days of making fun of you for loving a children's series. Now I am an official HP addict (granted, I am not as bad as you, but dud see the movie the day it opened and got the book the day it was released, so I guess I am pretty bad), so sorry for making fun and thanks for getting me hooked. It was a great series and a fabulous ending!

Barlow Family said...

Wow! I too thought it was an amazing read. Now I want to go back and reread all of them. We're using Deathly Hallows for book club in October for Halloween, I don't know if I can wait that long to discuss. : )