Monday, July 2, 2007

Heading to the 'hood

My sister, who you will probably be reading a lot about this week, is from NYC. So of course, she's in-the-know about fashion and all that jazz. I, on the other hand, am COMPLETELY clueless! Let's just say that the majority of my wardrobe consists of either hand-me-down stuff that I have aquired or second hand garage sale items. I'm cheap. I would like to claim the title "frugal", but let's face the facts here. I'm cheap and clueless. So my sister had heard of a new clothing line by Sarah Jessica Parker called "Bitten". The whole idea behind the line is fashionable clothing at great prices. Nothing in the the line is over $20. And you can only get Bitten at Steve & Barry's which is a clothing mega store I knew nothing about....until today.

While were visiting the fam, we looked up on their website to see if there was one in our area. Lo and behold, there was. But it was in the hood. We were a little nervous to venture to the not-so-nice part of town with just the 2 of us and my 3 kids, but with the posibility of fashion at a great price, we decided we were willing to take the chance. We drove over there and it was definitely a scary neighborhood. The store was in an old Wal-Mart building. We parked, made sure anything that looked like it might be worth busting a window for was hidden, grabbed the kids, locked the doors, and proceded into the unknown. What awaited us was a wonderland. Thousands of square feet of shopping bliss! The clothes were so cute and super reasonable. We cleaned up to say the least! So now, with my sister's help, I have a few new items that had tiny price tags. LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hooray for new clothes! I bet you look great. Now I need to get Suzi up here to give my wardrobe a kick in the butt.

Muggle's mom said...

Oh my goodness! I am still laughing! Woo Hoo for updating the wardrobe...don't we love having Suzi around?! I am in desperate need of an update...got a 'real' pair of non-mom (or would that be non-grandma?) jeans with her help. It's just the beginning of what is needed! So glad you had fun!

Elena said...

Susie Barlow told me about your visit. She had lots of fun. Congrats on your bargain hunting and making out of the other side of San Antonio alive. Isn't it amazing that you can live in a city for so long and never venture into certain parts?

Emily said...

I love S&B's too. Lucky for me, I don't have to take my life into my hands to go shopping there. You'll have to post pics of all your new stuff!