Wednesday, August 1, 2007

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

The girls decided to get a Nintendo Wii for their birthday presents instead of having parties and other gifts. So that's what the got from us and from Grandpa Steve. (Thanks!) BUT the Wii is too much fun! As soon as the kids are in bed, the hubby and I turn on the Wii and have tournaments. And I recently discovered one of its cool features: downloading old Nintendo games!!! So what is the first game I download you ask? Super Mario Brothers, baby! In my glory days, I was the Super Mario queen! I could get all the way to the end and save the Princess without warping! I haven't tried that yet, but I've only just downloaded it. I still remember where most things are. My thumbs have lost their calluses from playing for hours on end. I need to freshen up on the Turtle Tap (which gives you 100 lives). But I was able to save the princess with warping. Not too shabby for not playing it in YEARS!!! It was so nostalgic and fun! I think we all know what my new addiction will be. (Oh, and they have Excitebike for download too!!!) I love technology!

4 comments:

Z. Marie said...

As long as no one yells at the TV/game like a certain person in our house does at the PS3 ...

Barlow Family said...

I think the Barlows may get a Wii for Christmas. Too fun. Mike got me a classic nintendo system for Christmas a few years ago. We have so much fun with Mario and Mario 3. We also have Zelda, but I could never get into it. I still do a killer Dr. Mario though. Cameron's new addiction is his Lego Starwars on Xbox. Sheesh, technology.

Muggle's mom said...

Boy does that bring back memories of watching you guys play those games. Guess some things just don't get old do they?!

Emily said...

We're not much into video games in our fam, but I'd love to play some vintage Mario! Looks fun!