Thursday, September 6, 2007

24

After we bought the Wii, I got suckered into joining Blockbuster Total Access program (like Netflix). And I decided that we needed to catch up on 24. We love this show, but we didn't start watching until season 4. We have finished seasons 1 & 2 and just started 3. The end of every episode is a total cliff hanger! And since there are 4 episodes per DVD, it is all-too-easy to just click "play" on the next episode. So what initially was going to be 42 nail-biting minutes, turns into 168 minutes of non-stop, butt-kicking action. Then it's 11:00pm and I'm all wound up from the thrilling ride with Jack Bauer. How is someone supposed to sleep after that? Jack doesn't sleep for 24 hours...neither should I. But thanks to Ambien, I am able to make my date with Dreamland. But who just happens to visit me in Dreamland? Why, Jack Bauer of course! The butt-kicking action continues! Sweet! (Or not). Now I'm not sure what actually happened in the show and what was a dream. Dang you, Jack Bauer! Dang you!

***I stand corrected. We didn't start watching 24 until season 5! Are you telling me that I have 1,764 more suspense filled minutes of 24 to watch? You have to be kidding me!?!? (For those wondering how many hours that is, it's 29.4 hours). I wonder if we play the DVDs while we're sleeping we can absorb what happens through osmosis......

4 comments:

Z. Marie said...

So you could, at least in theory, watch nonstop for a whole day and night and be almost caught up! ... I've never watched that show, but I had many friends and co-workers in Colorado who talked about it nonstop. Of course, that got old when I was the person who was in charge of getting them to do actual WORK.

Tracie said...

I too love Jack Bauer! 24 does leave always wondering what we don't know about our government! But- truth be told, I am okay with that. I worry enough as is!

Muggle's Mom said...

I've heard that show is quite addicting...we watched it once and it was very compelling but we've not been successful in watching it regularly to figure things out. I thought you were going to post your new haircut...am anxious to see it! How did the Grocery Game class go??
Love, Mom

Beka said...

The show is so awesome!!! We are addicted to Jack and his life. I can't wait for the next season. I'll have to rewatch the last one before it comes around so I'm all refreshed.