Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fears

I really don't worry about many things. I'm not a "what if-er" by any means. That is my husband's job. But there is one thing that, I guess, I am afraid of since it keeps showing up in my dreams. The dream is me and various members of my family in the car somehow driving off the road into deep water. The water comes up so fast that I can't get the windows down to get out. I usually have a kid or two strapped into a car seat that I have to get out before they drown, and of course I wake up before I know if we were able to save the kids. So after the first of these dreams, I asked my sweet husband if he could get me a thingy to break the window if I needed to, so he got me this nifty gadget. And after my dream last night, I am putting it in a better place! In my dream last night, I knew I had the glass breaker thingamagig, but couldn't find it. Very frustrating! Needless to say, I was awake for an hour or two.

6 comments:

Me and the Boys said...

I hate dreams like that. They always seem so real. On the otherhand, you did manage to score a cool little device out of all this. Way to work it!

Warren's Blog said...

What is that thingy? Wouldn't a hammer work?
Actually, I think you need to lay off the big meals right before bedtime.

Muggle Mom said...

it's a multi-use key chain thingy. (that's the technical name). and i don't eat big meals before bed. i actually hadn't eaten since breakfast.....maybe that is my problem.

Debbie said...

I agree with Sallie...I hate dreams like that, especially when they are so vivid and realistic. What a cool device...hope you'll never need it!!
Love, Mom

Tay said...

Cool gadget! I have nightmares about tornados and Velocoraptors that get in our house. I don't think they have a product to help with either of those situations...LOL!!! :)

Zootenany Hoodlum said...

Last night i had a nightmare that I was on vacation in a hotel for christmas with my family. At some point it came to my attention that it was October, not December, and I had simply failed to show up to work for a week....

not quite the same magnitude as your nightmares, but it was unpleasant none the less.