Monday, October 29, 2007

What a way to end the weekend

I started having menstural-like cramps around 4 or 5pm. They started to get worse, and I thought that it might be an ovarian cyst that was bursting. (That hurts pretty bad too). The pain continued to get worse and worse. It was hurting WAY worse than any childbirth contractions I had ever experienced.

My husband called a friend and arranged to drop the kids off so he could take me to the hospital. We first went to Hospital #1 since it was the closest. We went in and there were about 50-75 people in the waiting room. Hubby was not waiting, so put me back in the car and drove down to Hospital #2.

There was no one in the waiting room and we got right in. I was screaming like a banshee! I was in so much pain. I have NEVER felt pain like that before. I even threw up twice from the pain. It took a little time to get into a room and see a doctor. Once I saw the doctor, they were able to give me some pain medication. I felt much better after that, but I was freezing cold from the cold IV fluid. I even felt good enough to take a couple pics of me drugged up and my husband patiently waiting. Lovely pics!


They took me in for an MRI and found 2 kidney stones....one in my kidney and one stuck at the entrance to my bladder. So I got sent home with some pain meds, a funnel with a strainer to catch the stone, and an order to see a urologist.

Now I am just tired, sore and waiting for the first stone to pass. I am drinking a lot of water. No more Dr Pepper for me for awhile. :( And I'm drinking lemon juice to help dissolve the stone in my kidney. Lucky for me, we have a lemon tree in the backyard. My husband is taking a few days off work to take care of me and the kids. I

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Even though you told me you took pictures in the middle of your horrible pain distress, I doubted. I don't understand the dedication to the 'blog' but boy, you totally get the blue ribbon girl!! Keep squeezing the juice and drink away, hope it helps. Love you! Mom

Zootenany Hoodlum said...

feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I was there to help, you will be in my prayers. Jess

Brad said...

Russell had one of those when we lived together at BYU. It was the most painful thing to watch. He was crying and wretching and just in complete agony. I hope I never have a kidney stone...

Nancy fancy pants said...

You poor thing! I hope I never have to pass stones. Everyone who has says it's the worst thing to ever experience. I can't believe you took pictures during it all.
You're crazy, girl!
Hope you feel better soon.

Tracie said...

Nicole- I am so sorry! I can't believe you blogged this. I wish you the best! And I would tell you to keep us updated, but I am sure you will. You aren't going to blog a picture of the stone are you?!!

Elena said...

Oh, man. That sounds horrible. You poor thing. I hope everything passes and you feel back to normal soon.

meredith said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Feel better soon. Could this be the reason why you have been so tired lately??

Julie said...

Wow, Nicole, how awful! I hope those pain meds work!