Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cookie dough anyone?

Our church is hosting a Nativity Exhibit and Music Festival this weekend, as they do every year. As usual, I signed up to make my delicious chocolate chip cookies. Well, they are not really "mine." I got the recipe from a friend. But back to the story. I have to turn in 4 dozen cookies today or tomorrow. No problem. This recipe makes about 7-8 dozen. It's a nice big recipe.

Well, Baby G woke up with a slight fever this morning and was pretty cranky, but nothing major. I gave him some baby Advil, put him down for a nap and got to work on my assignment of cookie making. I got everything mixed up except for 2 of the 5 cups of flour and the chocolate chips when G wakes up. I cover the dough and put it in the fridge. His fever was much higher, around 102. This is with the Advil being in his system for 2 hours. He won't stop crying and is burning up. I sit with him and within 10 minutes, his temperature had jumped up to 104. I call the doctor and they are able to get us in right away. We head to the doctor and it is a mild ear infection with a virus on top. Well, a couple doses of antibiotics, Advil and Tylenol, and he is feeling MUCH better! Fever is gone and he's back to throwing his little tantrums.

And back to the cookie dough....

I mix in the remaining flour and chocolate chips and bake up a batch. Not good. They came out very flat and ugly. And I'm stuck here with a HUGE bowl of cookie dough. Whatever shall, I do with it all? Hmmm.....guess I'll grab a glass of milk and a big ol' spoon!

17 comments:

Elena said...

That's my kind of solution. I wish I were there to help you not waste the dough.

Debbie said...

I'm with Elena! I love the dough much more than the cookie...I don't think you have a problem at all...do you think it'll still be eatable next week when I come???!! Love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

It would have been sad how easily I could have eaten that whole bowl of cookie dough. Jess

Z. Marie said...

I miss the nativity exhibit! And I hope G gets better soon.

Allison said...

Remember Mom used to tell us that we would get worms if we ate too much cookie dough??? All I have to say is after all that cookie dough you might need a deworming. (Thanks Mom for scaring us into practicing self control when it comes to cookie dough.)

Debbie said...

I just read what Allison wrote...what a bad Mom I was! I don't remember saying that although it sounds like something I would say so I COULD EAT ALL THE LEFTOVER COOKIE DOUGH MYSELF!!! Sorry for the errors of my way...I am totally about restitution, so y'all can come eat cookie dough anytime now...no worms allowed!!!
Love, Mom

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you're probably better off eating it....

you wouldn't want to spread the virus around at a church exhibit would you????

i on the other hand, cannot get past the raw egg business...therefore i don't eat the cookie dough..sorry i don't share the cookie dough love :(

Beka said...

It looks like I need that receipe, they look good. Sorry they didn't come out the way you were hoping, but I bet the dough tasted good.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i wonder why the exhibit didn't have cookies at all last year?

they did have those cute golden plate chocolates though....

but not the same as cookies

Max said...

The photograph of the cookies above are from my chocolate chip recipe at http://www.inforochester.com/cookie1.htm. Enjoy.

Max

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

nicole, did you steal a pic of cookies and max tracked you down?

how funny...

hey max, how did you find her????

(ooh scary)

Muggle Mom said...

LOL!!! you can put trackers on your blogs to see how people get to your site and stuff like that. i'm sure that is what max used. i have one too. they are pretty cool because you can see hit by hit who is viewing your page. :) (well, it doesn't give you names or anything, but you can see how they found your page, like if they clicked on a link or something).

i have two site meters at the bottom of this page. you can get them for free. :)

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you are so computer lit !

i do have a sitemeter but didn't know that...so it told him you used his pic?

wicked crazy!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

I didn't see you there...but we went early like around 2:30 until 4:00

Muggle Mom said...

you didn't see me where?

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

at the nativity....i figured if you were a cookie supplier...i would at leas see your face...but alas...no nicole.

i took the kids out early to go when i knew it wouldn't be busy....i think i get more out of it that way.....

see you where....girl, don't you read your own blog?

Muggle Mom said...

i just donate cookies. i don't work there. i'm working in the photo printing room later today though. joy of joys! lol!