Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Basically, I rock

So I went grocery shopping today, something that I must say has become quite a talent. It felt good to be in my element again at the grocery stores. I don't know what I would do if we have to move where they don't double and triple coupons. So here is the breakdown:

Store #1
Total: $249.51
Paid: $39.12
Saved: $210.39
And I even got a coupon for $5 off my next purchase and another coupon for a free box of kleenex.
Store #2
Total: $100.66
Paid: $0.00
Saved: $100.66

Gotta love those prescription rewards! Nothing like free money!!!!

Oh, and for those that do use the prescription coupons, Target is no longer accepting competitor's coupons. :( Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Good freakin WOW!!! You most certainly do rock!! Keep posting these trips to the store...it's so wonderful to read of your savings. You go girl!!
Love you! Mom

Debbie said...

Good freakin WOW!!! You most certainly do rock!! Keep posting these trips to the store...it's so wonderful to read of your savings. You go girl!!
Love you! Mom

Barlow Family said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! How am I going to swap them back and forth now. I guess I'll have to trek to Walmart. Yuck! That stinks. So, how many prescriptions do you have? (If that's not rude?) I only have one, soon to be two, but I can't imagine using so many at once.

Amber said...

I can't believe all your savings. I am always shocked you save so much, but it is great. And you do this all with just coupons??? Glad you are feeling better, it stinks to not feel well especially with a family to take care of. Your family is darling.

nancy said...

You are so lucky! Here, there are no double and triple coupon days. They stopped that in Utah years ago.
You do rock! That's for sure!

Carla said...

That is unbelievable.

I haven't been GGing in awhile, although I have been saving the coupons.

This week looks like a good one though.

Tay said...

That's AWESOME! You really are good at The Game! Your pantry must be even more full than the last time I saw it!

Angela said...

Okay, every time I hear your success stories, I think, maybe I should give the Grocery Game another try.

Kathy said...

Hello! SO glad I found your blog, it has inspired me to give this coupon thing another try! :) I've always know and sometimes used the GG method but I've never saved like you have! I want to know how you do it! Seriously! LOL!
Off to the grocery store to try! :)
Kathy