Friday, November 30, 2007

It's my birthday

Today is the first year I will be 29. I don't plan on turning 30, so from now on, you only need to remember that I am 29. See how easy I am making this on you? You're welcome. Yesterday I had a super fun lunch with a bunch of my friends at Joe's Crab Shack. There were about 30 of us there. We all know each other through a local message board, kingwoodunderground.com, also known as KU. It was great! There were about 5 or 6 of us that had birthdays this week, so we thought it would be fun to celebrate all together. One of our friends gave us a really cute gift bag with a bunch of little goodies:

Candle- Because you a candle of light on KU
Tissue-for those heart breaking threads on KU
Money- Because you are worth you weight in gold on KU
Lea Light- Something good to smell while you are on KU.
Chap stick- for when someone chaps your butt on KU.
Lotion- to keep your hands hea;thy while you are on KU
Cute pencil- to use to write down all of those special dates on KU
Note pad- to have something to write them on.
Nail Polish- something to do when the threads are boring on KU
Tooth Paste- Just because we cant smell your breath doesnt mean that the people around you cant
Tampon-to plug it up and slap on your big girl panties when someone desagrees with you on KU

It was so thoughtful and cute! Then another friend that couldn't make it, but sent gag gifts, and gave us all adult toys!!!!!! We about died!!!!!! We were all cracking up and it provided many laughs and jokes! And if you've never been to Joe's Crab Shack for a birthday, you are missing out! They LOVE to humiliate the birthday guest. Luckily, there were a bunch of us, so we all got to be embarrassed together. Yours truly had to wear a huge trash bag as a diaper! Check out the video. And the slide show is a few pics from the lunch. We are all addicted to our little message board, KU. You can see pictures of several of us checking it at lunch.

Slide Show of Pictures:


Video of Humiliation Parade


So that was all yesterday. VERY hard to top because it was an absolute riot!

So today, my real birthday, has started off not so hot. I was greeted with an early morning visitor, Aunt Flo. Good thing Cousin Playtex was just down the hall. Ugh! I know you were all dying to hear that, but you know what? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND MY BLOG SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!

Tonight I have a date with my husband. We're going to dinner. We haven't had a date since March!!! We need to get out more! For my birthday gift, we are joining our local YMCA. Don't worry, it was my idea. In honor of my birthday, I think I will stay in my pajamas all day and be a total bum. Happy birthday to me!

15 comments:

Ralina said...

That looks so fun. I hope you have a great day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Sarah said...

Eat at Joes.....there really is no finer dining experience!

Aunt Flo....Cousin Playtex....girls have funny names for the things that happen to them. Around here it is George that comes visiting. I hate George ;)

Suzi said...

Happy Birthday! And you and Matt need to start going on more dates-March was so long ago!! Hope you have a great day!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

nice diaper

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

Happy 29...I have to say, 30 isn't near as bad as what I thought it would be...which is why I've turned 30 three times in a row!

I clicked on the message board link...(hope you don't mind)
I don't understand it all, you are one computer geeky kind of girl!!

and I mean that in a "wow, I'm jealous of your computer savvy" kind of way....
blogging takes up enough of my time...time and energy...and i dont' have much of either these days....but hey looks like a blast.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

seriously though...you have way too much time on your hands girl...where do you get it?

Muggle Mom said...

i am a very expert avoider of tasks that should be done. i don't cook. i don't clean. me and my computer are one. LOL!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you're funny

Elena said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope it was fantastic. Um, you and your hubby need a date a week, not a date a year. Use some of your saved grocery $ on a babysitter and have a little bit of fun. Don't you love unsolicited advice from someone you haven't seen in over a decade?

Muggle Mom said...

love it elena!!!! older babysitters are way expensive here!!! we have recruited a 12 yr old to watch the kids, but we put the baby to bed before we leave so she only has to put the girls in bed.

Matthew said...

Aww! You guys were all good sports. I refuse to tell waiters when it's my birthday because of that exact scenario. But it was fun to watch! lol Jess

Nancy fancy pants said...

That was so funny to watch you dance around with a diaper on an you thumb in your mouth.
Looks like it was a blast. At least you had friends to dance around with.
You're a pretty funny girl, nicole.
I love the way you write! (Aunt Flo and Cousin Tampax...)

Zootenany Hoodlum said...

So, I forgot. I admit it. I filed away that it was your birthday on the 30th and then the 30th came and went and I forgot. Happy Birthday!!! You know, I am five years older than you and so you can take it from me that aging is so much better than the alternative, I find each year a delight.

I hope you enjoy being the upcoming year, may it be full of simple pleasures.

meredith said...

Looks like a fun group of girls!!!

Tracie said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!!