Monday, December 17, 2007

Fairy for hire

Growing up, we had a pretty clean house. My mom was very diligent at keeping everything neat and in order. We accused her being a neat-freak, but she wasn't OCD or anything about it. We had to do our chores every week. She taught us how to clean everything properly. But I think she skipped the whole daily picking up lesson. Either that or my teenage brain forgot to record it. I would rather deep clean that just surface clean any day. I'm terrible about just picking up as I go.

Now that I am grown up (I'm still in denial about this particular issue), my house just isn't as clean. I keep wishing that somehow the house will just be clean. That magically I will wake up and it will all be picked up. No such luck. Did someone forget to hire me a magical cleaning fairy? I thought they just showed up. Well, I need one desperately! So if you know any fairies (I'll even take elves at this point) that are looking for employment, send them my way. I don't pay well, and there is a lot of work to be done, so I'm hoping a job well done will be reward enough. Let me know if you know anyone.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey, the daily pick up is still a drag and I'm not picking up after too many people! I would rather deep clean still after all these years, so I don't know that it'll get any better. I did teach y'all to put away your stuff from the time you were little...Mr. GunnyBags, the dishpans that had your laundry in it, yep...the dreaded chore wheels, yes there were 2 (I do think looking back I was OCD!!)so I did my best to teach y'all only motivated by selfish reasons...I didn't want to pick up y'alls stuff! Hang in there, your kids really do grow up too quickly. I've extremely mixed feelings about my baby turning 21. Enjoy as much as you can!
Love ya! Mom

Allison said...

I struggle with the daily pick up to. My house is a wreck. I blame mom. Its better than taking responsiblility for my messiness. I am kidding by the way mom.

Elena said...

I'd love that fairy. Mine would be in charge of the dishwasher and the laundry. I can take it from there.

Z. Marie said...

I'm a horrible cleaner in general, but at least moving to a developing country means I can afford a housekeeper. Only a half day once a week, but at least there's no dust under the piles of stuff on the dining room table ...

Allison said...

I got a blog sister. Its pretty boring, but here it is....
http://www.meandmy2boys.blogspot.com

Tay said...

So true! I could use one at my house....

My mom wasn't a very neat person - she's a pack rat - so I actually keep a cleaner, more straight house than she did, but only because Brian insists on order. Messes physically affect his mood and turn him into a total grump until they're cleaned up. Then, like magic, he's back to his usual self! Unfortunately it means I spend a LOT of time straightening and house cleaning!