Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yoga and Santa

I went to my first yoga class today with my friend. As a rule, I don't exercise. I've never needed to for weight control. Thanks to my mom, I got nice, skinny, petite genes. But I am out of shape, I'm constantly tired and I need to get my butt in gear...literally!!! So I have adopted my friend, Lara, to by my exercise slave-driver. I have no self-motivation. I need to be forced to do things. It was an hour long class and I loved it!!! It was relaxing and quite a workout. It was my kind of exercise....stretching and bending and such. And now I am sore, but it's all good.

I've been organizing a Secret Santa project here for a local family. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have had. We are getting everything ready to deliver later in the week, and I can't wait! The people in the community have been so generous and giving. Just tonight, someone anonymously left a bunch of new toys for the kids in the family on my front porch. Wow!!! The community has really pulled together to give this family a Christmas to remember. It touches my heart so much!

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Did you really join the YMCA? I don't believe it....lol Jess

Sarah C. said...

Isn't yoga wonderful? My DH & I love going to yoga classes when our gym offers them (sadly not as much as before).

Way to go w/ the Secret Santa! I'm sure that special family will be touched by your hard work and the generous donors. :)

Debbie said...

I'm impressed! I've heard that yoga is very appealing...I'll be interested to hear how you progress.
I am so happy to hear about your lucky Secret Santa family...this time of year brings out the good in so many people. Glad you have that big SUV to haul all the goods over to the family!
Love, Mom

meredith said...

Skinny, petite genes... What's that like??? You lucky girl!

Debbie said...

What is that last entry?? Can you be spammed on your blog?? How strange! Hey, how come at the bottom of my entries, there is always a little trash can and it's not on other peoples comments??
Mom

Muggle Mom said...

yep, you can get spammed on your blog. so sad.

Kelsey said...

Where did you find this family? Are you in need of other things? What a great idea!

Muggle Mom said...

thanks kelsey. we already delivered everything. if you are looking for a family to help, you can email me. i know of a couple families that are in need of help.