Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sorting and Sniffles

The people of kingwoodundergroud (aka KU) are AMAZING!!!!! I have been collecting for this family (see my previous post) and they have overwhelmed me with donations. Their generosity is unending. With this situation especially, I have seen God's hand over and over again. Whenever a need comes up, I hear, "I've had such and such laying around for a few months, and I didn't know what to do with it."

And it is EXACTLY what this family needs. I spent 3 hours in the car today driving around picking up donations for this family. We got a small refrigerator for them, a bassinet for the baby, brand new toys, clothes, shoes, etc. I had more friends come over today to sort and box up the donations. That was another 2 hour task. I am blown away by the generous things that people are doing for this family. People are going out and buying brand new stuff for them. Children are giving what would be their Christmas presents to this family.

I am totally overwhelmed by the size that this project has turned into. What a blessing for this family...and for me. I have been moved to tears several times a day as I see angels come and bless this family. I am so grateful that I get to be a small part of it.

I have been fighting allergies like crazy today. I feel as if my head is trying to blow up through my sinuses. It's a lovely feeling. Oh well! Nothing a little pill can't fix. LOL!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Human kindness is amazing sometimes, especially given the state of the world in which we live. As a single mom, I have been blessed to be on the receiving end of amazing generosity. Thanks for sharing such a touching story sister.

Debbie said...

It's always wonderful to read of the generosity of others when a need is made known. God bless your neighbors!
Love, Mom