Thursday, December 6, 2007

I almost blew it!!!

We were driving around yesterday (I think it was yesterday) when the girls started talking about Christmas. I'm not sure exactly what they were talking about...something about Jesus and Santa. Something that they said, who knows what, needed to be corrected. Well, what do I say?

"Well, Jesus was a real person. Santa is not a real person."

C-R-A-P

Did those words really just come out of my mouth?

Thank goodness for loud children. K says, "Mom, what did you just say about Santa?"

"I said that Santa is just a regular person."

"A real person that lives at the North Pole," she said.

Whew! That was a close one!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I totally gets sketchy as the kids get older. I'm actually getting a little tired of that fact that Santa gets all the credit.:p

Allison said...

So, I can totally relate. Chase says to me, "Mom, some kids at school say that Santa isn't real. He is, right." I say, "Yes buddy." He comes back with "I think I want to believe in Santa, Mom, but I am gonna need some proof."
Yeah, I think this will be the last year of Santa for him. How sad.

Austin Baillio said...

Ditto and thank goodness for loud children! I was a loud child...I'm sure it wasn't a total nightmare for my mom....sometimes it really is a blessing ;)