Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's reality

I have a new catchphrase, motto, slogan....whatever you want to call it.

If you don't pick it up, no one else will.

This is the truth. My husband won't pick it up. My kids won't pick it up. The dog...worthless. The cat, well, let's not even go there! And since my magical cleaning fairy is no where to be found, I guess it's all up to me. So I am attempting to embrace this reality since I've FINALLY realized it. So I keep repeating it to myself, and it is helping. So hopefully the amount of times that I walk past something lying on the floor wondering how long it will be there will diminish.

13 comments:

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

WORD!

Allison said...

Don't burst my bubble! If I leave it on the floor long enough, SURELY it will magically disappear...this is what I tell myself anyway.

Debbie said...

Welcome to the real world!

Nancy fancy pants said...

This is why I own a picker-upper. I couln't live with out it.

Z. Marie said...

Welcome to MY world.

Maria Tortilla said...

I'm all about the picker-upper

Kelsey said...

Sad, but to true! I need a cleaning lady. No, a chef. No, a yard guy. No, a handy man. No, a nanny. No, an..... obsessive compulsive disorder. Oh wait, I already do! That's how I keep my house clean! =)

Barlow Family said...

Hmm, I'm not the only one. : )

Maria Tortilla said...

No barlow family, you are not alone!

Austin Baillio said...

Well, just so you know, there are some guys out there who are picker-uppers.

I actually have to pick stuff up when I see it laying there or else it will drive me crazy. I don't clean very well (like actually move the furniture to vacuum under it, etc....) but I am a freak when it comes to picking stuff up and making it look neat.

Crazy huh!?

Nancy fancy pants said...

I love you're new template. Was it hard to change and personalize it?
Well, very cute!

Muggle Mom said...

thanks nancy! my friend designed the new banner for me. she's a photoshop genius and a digi-scrapper. :)

Janelle said...

yes, sad but true.