Thursday, January 10, 2008

Have I lost the love?

I haven't been Grocery Gaming in a couple months. This is because 1) I have a TON of groceries stockpiled, 2) the holidays have been very busy with travel, kids home and such, and 3) I haven't been in the mood.

GASP!!!!

I know, I know. Mugglemom not in the mood to grocery shop? Is the world coming to an end?

I can assure you, the world is not coming to an end. Well, it will eventually, but that is a whole other story!

I just haven't been in the mood to do much of anything lately. And that is another story as well.

But I did go semi-Grocery Gaming last night. Yes, I know that the list is only valid Sunday through Tuesday and yesterday was Wednesday. Occasionally, the sales last longer than just a week, and I hadn't gotten my stuff together to go on Tuesday, so I was willing to take my chances. I still did pretty darn well if I do say so myself. I only went to one store (Kroger). Oh! I almost forgot the funniest part of my shopping trip...well, the ONLY funny part of my shopping trip. I got up to the check out and was rummaging around in my mammoth diaper bag/purse for my wallet. It was gone. Chubbs must have been unpacking my bag earlier in the day. Wasn't that nice of him? Well, dang it! How was I supposed to pay for this huge cart-full of groceries I had?

Wait! A checkbook!

And I could even remember my license number too! The checker said he would take it without my ID. (I guess I didn't look like a liar or thief...just a sloppy mom).

So, after he was done scanning all my groceries my total was

$146.55

After coupons and my prescription rewards (gotta love free money!) I paid

$32.11

I saved $114.44!

Not too shabby for a non-Grocery Game shopping trip.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Unbelievable...I LOVE to hear about your Grocery Gaming scores, they are awesome! I'm sorry you're not feeling up to doing too much, the January blues sound like they might have ya. Keep posting though, you're brightening up our January blues!!

Allison said...

So, I am thinking that you need to get your butt up to Utah and teach me how to shop cause I am a little challenged in that arena.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

not in the mood to do anything eh?















you must be pregnant

Kathy said...

Hello again,
Just a quick note to let you know I am linking to your blog on my new blog. :) I didn't know how else to let you know, sorry,lol. Hope you'll drop by for a visit!
Kathy

GreenGirl said...

I love ur blog! So fun, so honest, and just a positive place on the web. U really r a bright light (on KU & here) Keep shining Mugglemom. :)

Monica said...

Impressive! I've signed up for GG twice, but can just never get my act together to actually do it so I stop after the free trial - you obviously have it down if you do so well without even trying!!

Beka said...

Somebody already suggested my thoughts on not feeling like doing anything LOL. I'm glad you are grocery gamming again, it might help get me motivated again. Happy shopping!!!

Tay said...

Holy cow, you are the grocery game QUEEN!!! Really impressive! Let me know when they add HEB to the list...I'll start playing again! ;)