Friday, January 18, 2008

Threading

I just got my eyebrows and upper lip threaded. If you have no idea what I'm talking about....this post is for you.

Threading is an ancient method of hair removal with origins in Arabia and South Asia. It is very delicate procedure, making it suitable for even the most sensitive skin. The art of threading may be seen in the gentle and precise twisting of a length of cotton thread which is twisted along the hairs which are to be removed. The twisting action of the thread traps the hair and lifts it out of the follicle. Threading is more effective and less painful than tweezing; hair re-growth becomes finer and more sparse after regular treatments; and the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized in the process. Threading is highly recommended and an excellent option for those who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar products.


I have a lady here that is fabulous!!!! She really has a great talent for shaping the brow and not over-doing it. It is super fast and doesn't have the side-effects, so to speak, of waxing. I know when I have waxed before, it rips the top layer of skin off and causes breakouts. Not so with threading. It only removes the hair. I have very fair skin (that's a nice way of saying pasty), and it doesn't irritate my skin and the redness is very minimal. It's great for any facial hair removal. I have several friends who take their husbands to get threaded!

So try it out! Your brows will thank you!

Oh! And here is a video of it...

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Suzi and I were driving and saw a car with a sign advertising threading and we got her number!! It was such a coincedence! I had a great 1st experience when I was in Houston in November and will gladly do it again. You are right, your lady is fabulous, quick and very affordable.

Allison said...

I have heard that it hurts like a mother. And where, oh where, in Utah would I find someone to do this?

Debbie said...

Actually it doesn't hurt...it's an odd sensation but it's not pain. Like I said, got a phone number for someone here in Utah as Suzi and I were driving south in Utah County.

meredith said...

What a great idea! I have never ever heard of threading. What is the cost?

Emma Lee said...

Is regrowth any slower than waxing? I am curious and may have to get the name of your lady.

Muggle Mom said...

the cost is very minimal. my lady charges $10 for the brows and $5 for the upper lip.

as for the regrowth, i'm not really sure. i get it done about every 6-8 weeks. but i do have very blonde brows, so i can string it out pretty long.

Warren's Blog said...

Hey Debbie,
I'll go if you can get my dad to go. (That's a safe thing to say)
Warren

Carmen said...

Can someone please tell me where this person is located and her contact information? I live in Kingwood and would love to go to her. Thanks!

Muggle Mom said...

carmen-

you can email me at mugglemom78 at cebridge dot net and i will be happy to give you her info.