Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The craziness that is my reality

I will start off with this disclaimer:

I have ADD. It has been professionally diagnosed.

That being said, I am still crazy. I have problems. I have serious addiction issues.

One of my addictions....you guess it. Blogging!

I have probably 20+ blogs in my head at any given time that never make it to the web. I have them very well planned out with titles, pictures, funny ways to say things, etc. But do you ever get to read them? No. Not unless you can read minds. I keep coming up with more and more, but by the time I sit down to actually write one, they seem old news.

One of the "side-effects" of ADD is hyperfocusing. Right now my hyperfocus is Scrabulous. It's Facebook's version of Scrabble. Since I've discovered it, I've been having 10+ games going on at one time. I try to justify this addiction with the fact that I am using my brain to think and play. And I've recruited people to play with me to feed this new addiction. It's a love/hate relationship.....mostly love. (Except for when I lose!)

Something else that happened recently is that my jaw locked open Sunday morning. I have problems with my TMJ (jaw joints) and in the past couple years my jaw would stick open for a few seconds when I was brushing my teeth or yawning, but I was always able to pop it back in place. Well, with my first yawn on a Sunday morning, it decided to stay open. It was really scary not being able to close my mouth. After about 15 minutes or so, I got a lucky wiggle of the jaw and it closed. OUCH!!!! So I took a muscle relaxer and slept until 2pm that day. I went to the dentist today to get a cavity filled and they also took impressions for a night guard to help with my TMJ problems. I hope it helps.

One accomplishment from this week was that I beat Super Mario Galaxy. It is an amazing game! It's fun and challenging. I got stuck on trying to beat the final match-up with Bowser, but after some thorough searching on the internet, I was able to figure it out. The girls and I are having a bunch of fun playing while they are on their vacation from school.

I think that's about it for now. Nothing too exciting. Nothing too witty or funny. But I'm hoping that by typing this out, my mind will stop racing in the middle of the night and I can sleep!

(You ready for my next Bingo, Zoot?)

5 comments:

Allison said...

I hyperfocus, and I have TMJ...WE ARE THE SAME. Who knows? Maybe we are related.

Debbie said...

I used to have TMJ years ago, not fun at all. Didn't have my jaw lock open, that would be weird, but it did hurt, especially in the mornings. I hope a night guard will help you.
Hope you have a great day!
Love, Mom

Warren's Blog said...

I started playing Scrabulous, too.
Want to play a game? :)
Good luck on fixing your TMJ. Did they ive you any treatment options for the ADD?

Emily said...

I seem to have an addictive personality too. I'm now addicted to my daughter's webkinz. I just can't stop.

So sorry about that TMJ, that sounds horrible!

Zootenany Hoodlum said...

Dude - I fear your next bingo. Thanks for getting me addicted to Scramble, too.