Thursday, February 14, 2008

I am a weak person

As soon as I found out that they were making Guitar Hero for the Wii, I was ecstatic! I wanted to get it. I wanted it pretty bad. Every store I went into that would sell it, I would check. Of course, this was right before Christmas, so my efforts turned out zilch! So I was Guitar Heroless for Christmas. Poor me.

Then, a few weeks ago, while perusing the aisles at Target, I just happened to find myself on the Wii aisle. When lo, and behold, what do my little green eyes spy? Why, a Guitar Hero! I call up the hubby and tell him what I see. He reminds me of how much I have going on and how I tend to hyper-focus on things. But he leaves the decision up to me. Dang it! Do I have the will power to leave Target without my coveted game?

I dig deep...very deep within my soul, and I walk out with just my baby. Yay me!

So I'm going on in my busy life without the distraction of GH. (Let's not talk about Mario Galaxy, Facebook, Scrabble, etc.)

Then Toys R Us ran a little ad. It was a small ad, only one folded sheet in the Sunday paper. But there was something in that ad that caught my eye. One heck of a deal. And we all know how much I love a great deal! TRU was selling GH for $20 off! So on Monday, I went over to my local TRU and grabbed me a Guitar Hero!

I must say I'm not too shabby. Those years of playing the violin are actually good for something. I have already beaten the game on EASY. Now I'm onto MEDIUM. I have been able to show some self-control and only play a little bit here and there. Having to really concentrate to play well helps with that control. You better watch out for this rockin' mama!

UPDATE: I have now beat MEDIUM!!! Time to rock HARD!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Monica said...

I have thought about getting this game - do you think it would be fun for someone who has NO musical instrument training or experience whatsoever?? Or would I be completely lost?

Muggle Mom said...

i still think it would be fun for a non-musical person. you don't have to be able to read music or know anything musical to play and get it. i think being somewhat musical does help a little bit, but that's all.

It would be for you though. it's not much for the kids. it's pretty tricky. my kids (7 & 5) like to go through the training and that is about all they can make it through. i probably shouldn't let them watch me play because some of the songs are pretty rough. very heavy metal. i also had to talk to them about some of the girl characters and how they are dressed.

Z. Marie said...

Did you see this?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/music_nm/activision_guitarhero_dc

Z. Marie said...

Sorry, in case that link doesn't work, the Aerosmith version of GT apparently goes on sale this summer.

Beka said...

I so want Guitar Hero, but I'm resisting too. I know that Adam would love it, being a former band guitar player, but I think it would be fun for me too. Good job and getting so far. Can't wait to see you rock out on Expert!!!

Brad said...

I got it as soon as it came out. Sadly though, I don't play it as much. I played Mario Galaxy a bunch for a while. It gets too hard on Medium for me. I don't have the time to become a hard-rocker. But I do love the game. It's very fun to play with two people, and at parties. Too bad we only have 1 guitar. :(

My Dad owns it and he is pretty dang good.