Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hollywood Video


Our local Hollywood Video had a great sale on their previously viewed DVD's. So we stocked up! We got Meet the Robinsons, Shrek 3, Hairspray, Ratatouille, Stardust, and The Prestige.

I love Stardust and The Prestige!!! They are great movies! If you haven't seen them, go buy them. GO! NOW! You will want to own them because you will want to watch both of them several times. Stardust had really crappy trailers, and so I don't think that it got the hype that it deserves. It is kind of a new "Princess Bride" type movie of the day. It's a great love story with a twist of fantasy. It is a little too violent for the small kids though. :( Guess they'll have to wait a few years to watch it with mommy.

The Prestige was a great how-did-they-do-that movie. Great story line with twists and turns. Another good movie that came out the same time The Prestige was The Illusionist. It was good as well, but The Prestige was definitely better.

Happy viewing!

9 comments:

Z. Marie said...

I've never even HEARD of Stardust. But The Prestige is good.

Nancy fancy pants said...

Good taste. I loved Stardust and also Prestige.
Awsome movies!!!!

Debbie said...

I haven't seen a movie in such a long time. Thanks for the recommendations though...maybe we can add them to our collection.

Barlow Family said...

Yes, both GREAT movies. Looks like you got the mother load! : )

Allison said...

I haven't bought any movies in ages....unless you count the Red Box DVD's that we inadvertantly, but consistently, fail to return within 25 days, so they are ours to keep.
Sounds like fun sister. Miss you!

Janelle said...

hey Nicole,
I loved the Prestige, and have watched 2 times, the 2nd time was even better! GOOd find!

Lindsay said...

Cousin Nicole! Thanks for your comment on our blog...I love this method of keeping up on family because we're pretty bad at it otherwise. I've enjoyed checking out your blog and will add it to our list! With love - Lindsay (and Russell)
P.S. We also loved The Prestige and are looking forward to getting Stardust soon...I joined Netflix for Russell's birthday =).

Emily said...

Love the Prestige, but never heard of Stardust. I'll go add it to my queue!

Julie said...

We just watched The Prestige, after I saw that you recommended it! We liked it, very different kind of movie, good twists. I'm on the waiting list at the library to get Stardust. Thanks for the tips!