Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Today would have been my Grandma's 81st birthday. Sadly, we lost her two years ago to complications from a heart attack. I miss my Grandma very much. It usually hits me when I am lying in bed about to fall asleep. Not sure why. Maybe because I can cry and mourn her loss in peace.

She had a very hard life. She was rough around the edges, but I loved her anyways. She softened up a bit when her son (my uncle) passed away. That's when she would say "I love you." She did the best with what she had to work with. I know that she loved me. I miss her cooking. She was a wonderful cook. We got spoiled having her living with us and cooking for us for a lot of my teen years. In honor of my Grandma, I will make fried mush tomorrow for breakfast. I love you and miss you Grandma! Happy birthday!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my...fried mush! I wish I was down the street so I could come partake! It's still snowing and that would taste so good...be sure to fry in bacon grease...mmmn!!!
I miss her too...more than I thought I would. Sounds brutal, but Grandma wasn't very nice most of the time...it was hard being her daughter. I think we'll get along better in the next life!

Allison said...

I miss her too. Happy Birthday Grandma.

meredith said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma. Remember all the wonderful times you had with her.