Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Making life easier

I'm sure I'm the last person to know about this, but just in case I'm not...this one's for you!

I just discovered Google Reader. It's a free service that will track all of your blogs and favorite news sources. You simply log into your google account, enter the URL's of the blogs you want it to track, and voila! There are all of your blogs! So you don't have to go to each individual blog to check and see if they have updated.

The one draw back is it can't track blogs that are set to private. But since I only have a handful of private blogs that I check, I can live with it. And you can't leave comments from it, and since we all know what a loud mouth I am, that's going to be a bit tricky. But you can click right on the update and it will take you to the blog to leave a comment. Whew!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I wish you could track private blogs too, I've found some other blogs that aren't private that I can't track either. There must be a setting that won't allow a trace...

Brad said...

you can also embed bookmarks in your browser that are really just RSS fead links. So if you embed them with blogs, it'll show you the new blogs you haven't read.

But, I like Google Reader too. Usually though, I just bookmark (the normal way) all the blogs I like in folders. Then I open them all in tabs and just flip through the tabs to see if there's anything new. I like that method best!

Allison said...

Sister, time for a new post. DEWIT!!!