Thursday, March 27, 2008

Channelling my inner Ariel

I've always wanted to be a redhead. I LOVE red hair. But God did not give me red hair. He gave me blonde. Not that blonde is bad at all, but I was ready for a change. So I took a big gulp and dove right into life as a redhead! Check it out! (Please excuse my lack of makeup).




K doesn't like it, but she has started planning an "Under the Sea" play for Family Home Evening. And B loves it and thinks that I look like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. G got a preview in the middle of the coloring process and looked at me with a quizzical look and then pointed to his hair. The hubby hasn't seen it yet, but has been warned.



And my wonderful husband bought a very nice washer and dryer set. He was excited to flex his negotiating muscles.



It's a Kenmore Elite Oasis. It's a top loader and a BIG one...,.4.5 cubic feet of beautiful washing magic! Now to tackle all the stinky laundry courtesy of my baby boy.

11 comments:

Prilla said...

So I like it. I think it works well with you skin coloring. So I guess the good news is that Matt doesn't like it red fades more than any other color. But I think it's cute.

Julie said...

Cool new look! I can't wait to see it in person. You are a braver girl than me. I love red hair too, and am sad that none of my kids has inherited Jodee's red hair.

Sarah said...

Red is hard to pull off, and it looks GREAT on you!

Debbie said...

Wow! I have a red headed daughter!! What fun! Let us know how the hubby reacted to it...!!
Love the washer/dryer...they are beautiful! Much to nice to be banned to the garage! Happy washing! And what's with the word verification thingy?????!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

nice washer and dryer....why are they banned to the garage?

i just love new appliances

and i love changing my hair all the time too!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

go girl

Nancy fancy pants said...

Yeah, I tried the red hair thing too. For about 2 minutes.

It washed out way too fast...
And I'm a blonde at heart.
So it's back to the bleaching.... got to keep those gray's out!

alisha said...

Looks great--and what a fun change. I love your kids reaction--how exciting to have their very own Ariel!

Muggle Mom said...

sorry about the word verification thingy. i was getting a bunch of spam comments. :( i know it's annoying but i couldn't take anymore of the spam.

the W/D are in the garage because that is where our hook ups are. next house WILL have a laundry room inside!

meredith said...

Looks great!! I love changing my hair color!!!

Allison said...

I am super jealous of your new washer and dryer. They look nice.

In regard to your hair, all I have to say is that you are one brave woman! What a big change! I love changing my hair.