Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not much happening

Not too much is going on. The kids are getting ready to get out of school in a couple days. Let the craziness begin! We're excited though. The girls are having all of their end-of-year programs and activities. (Check out their blog for some pictures and video clips).

My nausea has, for the most part, gone away. Only to be replaced with daily migraines. Ugh! I told you...my body HATES being pregnant. I'm still not showing, but it usually takes me awhile. I do get to have a full-blown ultra sound at my 16 week appointment to check on a cyst on one of my ovaries, so I'm hoping the technician will be nice and take a quick peek in between the baby's legs. Wouldn't that be nice? I've already been told to go back on my diabetic diet. (I had gestational diabetes with my 3rd pregnancy). So I'm trying to be good with that. It sucks though. But I refuse to start testing my blood until I absolutely have to.

The Twilight obsession continues. I've reread all the books and just ordered my own copies from amazon.com. The best fansite I have found thus far is http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/. It's pretty good at updating with what is going on with Stephenie Meyer, the books, and the movie. They also have some good discussion forums. A lot of teens posting to go through though. I've also found http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/, but they have to approve your membership before you can log in, and I haven't been approved yet. Oh well.

4 comments:

meredith said...

Glad the nausea went away. Does your Diabetic diet include Dr. Pepper???

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about your crazy pregnancy diabetes! I feel for ya, I would have a tough time restricting my sugar intake. ): Jess

Z. Marie said...

At least you're not the same kind of sick -- although migraines are just as bad in some ways.
I haven't read the books, but perhaps I'll check out the fan sites. I will get around to reading them, I'm sure, just not anywhere near as quickly as you did ...

Elena said...

Migraines!? So sorry. I hope your body forgets that its pregnant and you can enjoy the rest. Ha ha ha - just coming out of that torture, I know better than that. Best of luck.