Saturday, May 17, 2008

Everyone else was reading it....

So blog after blog, I read how amazing Twilight is by Stephenie Meyer. I gave in. I borrowed the book from a friend. I couldn't put it down! It was read in a day and half. I was so intrigued by the relationships in the book. The choices and sacrifices that were made. I did not fall in love with Edward, as many of my friends have professed. Well....maybe a little crush. ;) I loved that is was clean and yet, still sensual. I will be heading out Monday morning to buy my own copy, as well as the sequels that are currently out.

**edited to add: It looks like Mrs. Meyer is LDS! Pretty cool!

And since I tend to hyper-focus on things, they are making a movie of Twilight that will hit theatres December 12th of this year. I just hope it's not rated R. It looks great from the trailer. The actor playing Edward is Rob Pattinson. He also played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I won't complain...he's easy on the eyes. So here is the trailer:



A friend found this blog for me. It is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!! A must-read for all you Twilight fans and your hubbies or significant others.

http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com/2008/02/twilight-series-for-dummies-and-totally.html

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must really be the only person to have not read that book now. I just can't imagine liking it, but then again I said the same thing about the Harry Potter books... jess

Muggle Mom said...

you would TOTALLY love this book jess!!! get to reading so we can talk about it!

Julie said...

Yea! I'm so glad you gave in! The entire series is so amazing!!
The worst the movie will be is PG-13. Stephenie Meyers said that the movie had to be that rating or less so she could actually see it. :)

meredith said...

I bought Twilight about a month ago. I still haven't read it. I'm more interested in reading it after your post!

How have you been feeling??

Sarah said...

I am in love with Edward...he is the new Mr. Darcy. This is ok for now since I haven't met a single LDS man in my age range who isn't seriously creepy for years now...right?

Monica said...

I love these books, too! I have read all three and am excited for the fourth one to come out soon, as well as the one from Edward's point of view. I just bought Stephenie Meyer's new book (for adults) called The Host. I'm just a few chapters into it, but it's very good so far, and definitely a higher level reading than the Twilight series. She has been one busy woman!!! How has she written so much in such a short time?? She's faster than JKR.

Nancy fancy pants said...

Hey - you think book one is good - just wait till you start on 2 and 3.

I can't wait till the movie comes out!

Beka said...

It looks like I need to read the book too. Maybe I can borrow yours!

alisha said...

I really liked the Twilight books, but didn't love them. And I'm on Jacob's team, not Edwards. I really loved the blog link...I'm going to have to link to it on my blog, too. I have several friends who are obsessed as well who will get a kick out of it! Thx!

Julie said...

I can't believe it took you this long to read these books! We have a big following in our ward - we even had 2 bookclub nights last summer to discuss the books! I can't wait for the movie, and the new book.

~Julie D.