Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surprise in a box

While the kids and I were out of town, the poor hubby was left to fend for himself. He decided to have a bowl of delicious Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yum! This box had already been opened and eaten from by the kids. He opened it up and suddenly, he was no longer alone. What company joined him, you may ask. A roach? A mouse? A rat? Eeeeek!!!!!!! Nope. It was this little guy:



A green tree frog. He was probably 5-6 inches stretched out. I don't believe that they are native to our area. It was just sitting on top of the rolled up cereal bag (not inside). The only thing we can figure is that the frog must have travelled home with us in a plant from my husband's grandmother's funeral. We released him (or her...I have NO idea how to sex a frog) into our orange tree in the backyard.

Not your everyday cereal prize, eh?


(A few new items are up on the kids' blog, so check it out).

9 comments:

Barlow Family said...

Now that's a prize! Too funny, I bet he was glad to find a way out to the great big world again. : )

Anonymous said...

only your husband would have the luck of a tree frog. :) svs

Z. Marie said...

Wow, that must have been quite a shock! But at least it wasn't actually in the bag.

Kelsey said...

I would have screamed so loud! I wonder if he was eating the cereal, too!

Kathleen Jackson said...

Sure beats the grasshopper we found in ours. Your frog was much cuter.

Tracie said...

gross! that would have freaked out. did he still eat the cereal???

Beka said...

LOL, don't people eat frog legs? I would have freaked out and tried to convince my son to get it out of the house.

Allison said...

EWWWWWWWW!!! I think I would scream!

Janelle said...

That is CRAZY, but I bet the kids loved it.