Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Lovely Week

Okay, so I'm a little late on this post, but I had the week from H-E double hockey sticks a couple weeks ago. And I must record it for posterity.

It all started on Friday, January 30th. Little baby A was really fussy all day. I finally thought that she might be hot. She was in a footed sleeper. So I took it off and happened to look at her tiny toes and they were purple! There was a hair (from my head) wrapped super tightly around 3 of her little piggies. I was able to get some of it off, but not all of it. Her toes were very swollen around the hair and I couldn't get to it to free her toes of it. We tried pin, cuticle cutter, Nair, scissors, comb. But the skin was just too swollen around it to get to it. I called the doctor and the nurse on call told me that if we had tried everything, we would need to take her to the emergency room to remove it. A friend found info on the web about toe tourniquet syndrome. Crazy! Who knew???

So we headed over to the minor ER where the doctor had to cut 2 of her little toes. It was so sad! :( We were told that if they didn't look better the next day, we needed to bring her back in. We watched the toes the next day. One looked better, but one was still very red. So back to the ER she went. (The same doctor was there as the night before). He examined the toe and was able to see that the circulation was just fine. Phew! So now her toes are fine, just a few new scars.

The next day (Saturday), I came down with strep. Nice. I felt like crap. Luckily, the doctor's office was open and I was able to get antibiotics right away. Sunday, I rested. Monday, hubby came down with strep. Lovely! He had a really bad case of it and was in bed for 3 days straight!

Wednesday, Baby A went in for her 2 month check up and shots. Not fun. :( And K came down with strep that day as well. It just keeps getting better! As I was pulling into the grocery store to pick up her antibiotics, I get a call from the school nurse. She found nits (lice eggs) in B's hair. Are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!

By Wednesday, I had had barely any sleep because of sick everybodies. I was so physically exhausted, it was ridiculous! We got the lice treatment at the grocery store and headed home. I bagged up all the stuffed animals, blankets, etc. Washed all the laundry that was covering the floor. Vacuumed like a mad woman. I was about to drop dead. So much work for such little bugs. So annoying!!!

Luckily, hubby was feeling a little better by this point and was able to help with the lice treatment of the kids. Thank goodness! Oh...and my monthly visitor decided to make its appearance Wednesday night too. Woohoo!!!!

So Thursday, we were trying to recover. Friday, G came down with strep. The doctor was VERY nice and called in the antibiotic for us. One less trip to the doctor.

It was an INSANE week!  One thing after the other.  But we survived.  Barely, but we did.  

Now 2 weeks later, baby A is sick, hubby is sick and I'm getting sick again too.  We are in a sick monsoon I guess.  :)


SBFH said...

I missed your blog :-)

can I send you some soup?

Muggle Mom said...

you have soup that is shippable?

Debbie said...

Seriously, you never had time to get well from the 1st bought. It sounds like a relaspe for both you and hubby. Please get better! So wish I was close by to help. So hard being so far away. Love you all.

Elena said...

When it rains, it pours. You poor things. This will pass and your family will be back to normal soon. Until then, I'll be thinking about you.

Allison said...

I feel for you sis. Hopefully things will get better soon.

SBFH said...

well, I can ship it. I'm not saying it will be edible when you receive it, however.

Amber said...

Oh Nicole, I'm sorry. I can't even imagine your poor little girls toes, that is so crazy. I remember a few years ago Joe saying one day at work he had a toe bothering him and took off his shoe and sure enough one of my hairs was wrapped around it too. Of course it wasn't even close to as bad as your baby.
Hope everyone gets better soon. Hang in there.

Warren's Blog said...

That sounds like one monster hard week. I hope things are getting better! Take care.

Angela said...

What a crazy week! Good thing for blogs to record it all, so you'll back and reread it in a couple of years and realize that you really are supermom!

Julie said...

Wow! That is so sad about the baby's toes! And about the head lice. And about all the sickness! I hope that's all behind you now!

Cindy said...

I have been too busy to even blog or hardly log on my computer with my new baby. I do not know how you do it? I am impressed!