Saturday, October 22, 2011

Easiest Chicken in the World

 Seriously.  This will be the easiest entree you've ever made.  It's simple.  It doesn't have added fat or anything.  The kids (even picky ones) will actually eat it.  And it tastes good too!

This is all you need^^^^

Yep, that's it!  If you don't have the big ol' Sam's Club/Costco sized ranch bottle, you will only need a packet or two that you can get at the grocery store.  You'll need about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the ranch powder.  Pour it in your gallon Ziploc bag.

Now take your flash frozen chicken breasts (the kind that come in the bag....doesn't have to be Tyson.  Your local store brand is just fine.)  Don't thaw them....just use them frozen. 

Put one breast in at a time into the bag.  Seal it up and shake it like crazy!!!!  I like to sing "Shake! Shake! Shake! Senora!" while I am doing mine.  ;)


Keep repeating until  you have all the breasts you want to bake covered.  

Place the powdered breasts on a greased cookie sheet or casserole dish.  I tried out my fancy new Pampered Chef stoneware to cook this batch.  No greasing necessary.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the thickness of the breasts.  You want to make sure that they are cooked all the way through and not pink.  Ick!


By using the flash frozen breasts, they seem to come out juicier.  Might just be me.  ;)
We served this with our family favorite Italian Red Potatoes and a green salad.  It's not a recipe that will make you say, "Oh my gosh!!!  This is the best chicken I've ever had!!!"  But it is good, and plain enough that even the pickiest eaters (I have 4 of them) will eat it.  Plus, it have very few added calories for those counting (aka ME!)


1 comment:

Debbie said...

That sounds good...I'm in need of a quick, low cal Chicken recipe! Did you have any leftover? I'm wondering how it would taste in a salad? Thoughts??