Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lasik and Almost Dying

Back in June, I got custom LASIK vision correction at The Lasik Vision Institute.  It was something I had wanted to do for a LONG time, but thought it was way out my price range.  After going down for a free consultation and seeing the cost, I couldn't believe how affordable it was!  So the next week, I was in for the procedure and seeing 20/20 without my glasses!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the results!!!  I can see perfectly without my glasses.  (I had pretty bad astigmatism in both eyes).  My eyes do get drier than they used to, but it has progressively gotten less and less as time goes on.  I also notice my floaters a lot more.  If you have bad floaters already, I would warn you that they will probably be more noticeable and pronounced after LASIK surgery.  

So what does this have to do with almost dying you ask?  I'm getting there.....

I went in on Wednesday for my final check up.  As we were waiting, I went to take a drink of my Spark Energy Drink, RED fruit punch flavored and spilled it all down my front.  And of course, I'm wearing a white shirt.  Thankfully, I was sporting the layered look that day and had a purple cap sleeve shirt under the white shirt that didn't show the red as much.  Guess I need more practice screwing on lids.  :/

The doctor's office was near downtown, so the two youngest and I met up with the hubby for lunch.  After we dropped him back off at work, I headed home.  Now, I'm not one to brag....well, yeah I am, but I'm a human map.  This is fact.  Ask anyone.  Even if I don't know where I am, my sense of direction is stellar, and I can find where I need to get going rather quickly.  So as I'm leaving downtown, I head towards the highway I need to take to get home.  I took a few turns and stuff was looking a little off.  Then I see the on-ramp.  Yay!  I take a left onto the on-ramp (which starts at the end of a street in downtown) and see the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane on the right with a "WRONG WAY" sign.  As I continue to drive, I am perplexed why the HOV lane would have a "WRONG WAY" sign.  I then see cars.  Coming RIGHT AT ME!!!!!  AAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!  I've turn up the EXIT RAMP!!!!!!  I quickly pull over to the side and wait for a space where I can flip a U-turn.  Luckily, it was light traffic, and I didn't even get honked at.  I then traveled one more block over to the ON ramp and made it home in one piece, and with perfect vision.




No comments: