Monday, November 21, 2011

Breaking Dawn Part 1 Premier

(Since I am in bed all day, you get 4 posts today, so make sure to scroll down so you don't miss any). 



I love Twilight.  Maybe a little too much.  But, hey, it works for me, so hush.  :P

One of my favorite things are the midnight premiers of the movies.  For all you critics, yes...the books are WAY better than the movies, but the movies are still fun and give my friends and I a great excuse for a fun girls' night out.  

This time, we had quite a group....I think we ended up with over 20 people total once everyone got there.  The more the merrier!  We had an age range too, which I totally love.  We even had one guy, my friend's oldest son who probably thought he was the smartest guy alive!  ;)


I got a FABULOUS 'do while we waited the 3 hours before the movie started.  Thank you Shelby for making me GORGEOUS!!!  :P

My favorite place for midnight premiers (yes, I go to too many), is Movie Tavern.  They are a full-service restaurant, so you can eat a delicious meal (or enjoy an adult beverage for those not of the mormon persuasion) while you watch, or wait, for your movie.  Love it!  They also have comfy, huge office-style chairs.  They are awesome except for when you squish your friend's finger in between the chairs.  (Sorry Melissa!)  There is lots of room to dance around while you are waiting for that clock to strike midnight, so you can shake your groove thing and make a fool of yourself without a care in the world.

As for the movie, I'm not the best critic to listen to.  Breaking Dawn was my least favorite of the Twilight series.  Yeah, even less than New Moon.  I was in shock the whole time I was reading, so I think that tarnished my feelings for the book.

With all that being said, I think they did a great job on the movie.  It is NOT for a younger audience though....VERY sensual (they are on their honeymoon people!) and a lot of blood.  Emmett & Esme's faces also looked like they were wearing masks almost.  It bugged me the whole time.  I'm a weirdo though.  My biggest complaint is that Jacob only takes his shirt off once in the very beginning.  Meanies!  :P  I'm sure my poor friends that were sitting by me got sick of my side comments throughout the movie.  Sorry gals!  They stayed true to the book and adapted it well.  It was entertaining and all my friends loved it.  I really loved seeing the amazing architecture of the Cullen's home.  Wow!  Can you say "dream house"????  And I loved seeing Stephenie Meyer at the wedding!  That had to have been cool for her.  :)

I'm excited for Part 2 to come out.  It sucks that we have to wait a year for it.  Maybe we'll be surprised and get a summer release.  ;)


4 comments:

Melissa said...

It was your least favorite...that's nuts!

Nicole said...

i told you that! i was in shock the whole time.

Anonymous said...

whew! what a relief. i'm glad i'm not the only one who didn't totally dig this movie. (sometimes, i think we are long lost twins.) i was so excited about it but felt disappointed at the end. i even went and watched Footloose afterwards and LOVED it. did ya see that one?
Rushia

Nicole said...

i haven't seen footloose yet, although i want to. glad to hear you liked it. ;)