Monday, November 28, 2011

IHOP Copycat Pancake Recipe

This is just for Melissa, my pancake-loving friend.  I got this recipe from a copycat book (can't remember the name now), but I have tweaked it a little.  This recipe makes a big batch because I usually freeze the extras for a quick, easy breakfast for the kids.

These are a little fluffier than the Cracker Barrel pancakes I posted about a while ago.  So you can pick which one you prefer.  :)





IHOP Copycat Pancakes


3 c all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
3 c buttermilk (or 3 tsp + 3 c regular milk, let sit for 5 minutes)
2/3 c sugar
2 tsp (heaping) baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients with whisk.  Add in wet ingredients and mix until all is moistened.  Cook on griddle or pan.  Serve with butter and syrup.