Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Inches and Pounds

It's been 85 days since I've started using myfitnesspal.com, and I'm still going strong.  My exercising for the past two weeks has been non-existant with being sick and having those dang withdrawals from the Lexapro.  But luckily, my appetite has been less, so I've still managed to lose some weight.  I think getting off the Lexapro has helped a ton too as weight gain is a side effect of anti-depressants.  Here's my progress to date:

13 pounds lost (never again to be found)
10 inches MIA too (no recovery efforts will be made)


I can definitely tell a change in the mirror.  I'm not noticing too much in how my clothes are fitting though.  Somewhat frustrating, but I guess it's good that I'm not forced to go get new clothes just yet.  I would rather save that for when I've lost the 12 more pounds I hope to banish for good. I did have a little victory though....I was able to actually zip my boots up for Sunday, just barely, but it happened.  I couldn't even get the zipper up on them half way last year.  Yay for slightly skinnier legs!

I really feel like I've changed my lifestyle, which is what I was wanting to do.  I am more informed of my caloric intake from food and drinks as well as the benefits of exercise.  (Yesterday's lunch of a fried stuffed avocado...a whopping 1600 calories, doesn't count.)

On another note, I am having a TERRIBLE time falling asleep for the past few days.  I lay in bed for 2-4 hours with my eyes close just waiting to fall asleep.  It is driving me crazy!  Hopefully it will stop ASAP because trying to function on 3-4 hours of sleep night after night is killing me.  Oh well.  Joys of my crazy life.  ;)

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I'll be 29.  Again.  ;)  So get those e-cards ready to send!  :P

6 comments:

Allison Black said...

Happy early birthday to my gorgeous, AMAZING sister. I am back on the wagon too...except I am pretty sure I broke my toe tonight, so that might put a wrench in my exercise plans.

Your physical transformation is so motivating. Your emotional/mental transformation is inspirational. I love you so much and am so proud of you. You rock my socks.

Allison

Emma Lee said...

Congrats! That's awesome! I have lost a couple more pounds too. I think I will start using Fitness Pal again. I just need to get back into the habit. :) Life has been crazy lately.....oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) Hope you get another stuffed avacado and some sleep tonight! :) You will always be my hero. :)
Emily

Nicole said...

thanks alli! and what's with you and breaking toes and feet???? good luck on your goals...i know you can do it! :) you are amazing! :) <3 ya!


emily, thank you! :) i figure life is crazy all the time, so you gotta make it work. ;)

Debbie said...

WOW!!! That is Amazing! Way to go!! I am so proud of you!! You are totally kicking some serious bootie and know you will continue to meet your goals!! Love you!!
Mom

Page said...

Woohoo! Good job Nicole! Hmm 29. So weird because I thought we were the same age and I'm pretty sure I'm about to turn... Oh well. Happy 29th birthday. ;) I hope it was fabulous!

raisruckus said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY of your 29th birthday! How's that? :) Hope you have a great day, and GOLD STARS on your weight loss goals, that's awesome!