Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mourning and Motivation

Since I found all my old blog posts from my former blog and imported them, of course, I had to peruse through them.  Sigh.  I feel like I have grown a TON....not only emotionally, but physically as well.  Double sigh.  Yes, I know I have put on weight, but man!  Seeing myself at 8 months pregnant with #4 looking better than I do now SUCKS!!!  I even weigh more now that I did when I was 9 months pregnant.  Triple sigh.  I am totally mourning my hot bod (and my long hair)!

So, yeah....here's me 8 months preg with #4.  She'll be 3 in a couple weeks:

Notice the nice, thin arms and thin face.  That is what I covet the most.  Those two things you can't hide.  Yeah, I'm preg in that pic, so it's not the most accurate comparison.  So here is a non-preg pic of my and my momma in December 2007.

My motivation to lose this weight is renewed.

I WILL BE HOTTER THAN EVER!!!!!!

I have done well...I've lost about 10 pounds.  I don't care about getting down my pre-pregnancy weight.  Frankly, I was a little underweight, and I like some of the curves I've acquired.  So I will strive for skinny & toned arms and hopefully less of a double chin.  ;)



4 comments:

Elena said...

30 kicked my butt. I gained 15 pounds in just a few months. My metabolism became a joke and I didn't know what to do. I've been off sugar for the last 8 months (I do cheat every now and then with sugar free or no sugar added treats) and I've lost 10 of those 15 pounds. The whole glycemic index thing is what worked for me. But, even without the sugar, my metabolism isn't what it was in my 20s. Sigh.
You'll get there. And you'll be so proud of yourself. And, man, you were a hot preggo lady.;)

Allison Black said...

You and I have the same goals siter. I don't really gain weight in my face...or at least I haven't up until now...the double chin is staring back at me in the mirror and mocking me. Russ and I are holding off on the baby thing, so I am on the right BP med and am ready to kick some butt...and maybe lose a little of mine in the process.

PS - I agree that you were a HOT preggo lady. I don't think any pics exist of me preggo with either kids...my goal weight though is when I was 9 months preggo with Chris...I was 140 lbs. So sad how fluffly I have become. I have a LONG way to go.

Debbie said...

I just got through cleaning out my files...don't ask.
Very nostalgic and seeing old pics and cards, I'm very weepy. Seeing these pictures of you, and of you and me, just tipped me over the edge. Sigh. Glad this isn't video.
Metabolism sucks BIG TIME when you are in your 50's!! I've NEVER had to diet or exercise...EVER! I've been skinny...not fit or healthy, but skinny. Not so much anymore.
I'm with you in working out hard, watching what I eat and wanting to be healthy. Here's to hard work and results!! You want to be a hot mama...I want and WILL BE a hot Nana!! I hope it's before I'm a great-Nana!!
Keep up the good work...Captain Moroni talked about needing to cleanse the inner vessel...I think that's what you've been doing. The stuff on the outside will match you beautiful inside in no time!!
Love you sweetie!
Mom

Debbie said...

Sorry, but I had to say that you did look mighty good with baby girl!!