Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yep...I'm addicted

Please take note of this day.  I will publicly admit and document something I NEVER in a million years thought I would think, let alone admit.


I LOVE EXERCISE!!!!!!

Yes, this is crazy.  It's insane, but you know what?  It's the truth.  I cannot believe how much BETTER I feel after I exercise.  I crave it.  I long for it.  I know that after I do it, I will feel TONS better....not just physically, but emotionally too.  I can feel the blah coming on when it's been too many days in between workouts.  

Today, I was dying for a workout, but with my crazy schedule and kids still at home, my options were limited.  So I got creative.  I turned on my fancy app on my phone and ran laps in the backyard.  You read right.  

I RAN!!!!   

Well, jogged is more like it.  But I seriously hadn't jogged or done anything remotely that resembled running since my freshman year of high school.  I was determined to run a mile.  It took me about 26 minutes and about 3 breaks, but I did it.  I'm sure it will get easier.  And I need to remember to leave the dog inside when I do it....she thinks it's time to play chase and catch me while I'm running.  ;)  I also see the need for biker shorts.  Gotta love inner thigh chaffing.  :/

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is seriously amazing news-way to go! I love picturing you running around your backyard-that is dedication!

Nicole said...

i should have taken a video. it would have been hilarious. ;)

Shannon said...

I just found this via pinterest. Great job on all you have been accomplishing. I just ran a half marathon, but I wish I could say I love exercising. I was going to be done for the winter with running, but you inspired me to at least go out tomorrow. I'm going to try to keep it up because I know what the blahs feel like. Good job!!

Allison Black said...

Way to go sis....you have inspired me to at least THINK about using the gym membership I have been paying $50/mo for....I know how much better exercise makes me feel, but I never got to the place where I loved it. Maybe one day...In the meantime, you rock.

Debbie said...

I'm so proud of you!! I'm getting to where I love to exercise...I'm just in the "I really like how I feel AFTER I exercise" phase! I haven't felt compelled to be creative if I miss a workout. Your dedication is inspiring!! Love you!!

Melissa said...

I told you it's addicting! You need to listen to me more!!