Thursday, December 15, 2011

How It's Going

I thought I'd take a second and let you know how some of the changes I've been making are working or not working.  And plus, blogging is WAY better than studying for my final.  ;)

Facebook:  I am shocked at how much I do not miss Facebook.  I really thought it would tempt me to go back.  There hasn't been any temptation at all.  It's weird.  It's almost too good to be true in a way.  I think that the benefits of not being on it and the weight that was removed when I deactivated was so much more than what I thought I was giving up.  I even had to look back on my blog posts to see when I actually quit....I couldn't remember!

This doesn't mean I don't love my friends and family that are still on FB.  It just means that I get a chance to make relationships better than just virtual ones.  It doesn't mean that I don't care what is going on in their lives.  It means that if you feel you would like to share something with me or if I want to know something, we'll take care of it.  I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but what I'm gaining in myself, in my kids, and in my friendships is so much more.

The two things I have missed from Facebook are having everyone's pictures imported to my contact icons on my phone.  I don't like looking on the boring silhouettes for everyone.  The other thing I miss is knowing everyone's birthdays.  So I did reactivate and export my facebook birthdays to my google calendar...yep, you can do that!  It is so easy too!  You just click on events, then birthdays, and then there will be a link at the bottom of the page somewhere to export your friends' birthdays to different calendars. So now I have at least one (and the biggest one) of the things I miss taken care of.  :)

Scripture reading:  I have read every day since I committed to from my "Exercise the Demons" post on October 24th.  I haven't been great about the whole 20 minutes, but I have read every day.  It has become a habit, which I am thankful for.  I am doing it before I go to bed right now, which for me, isn't the best brain time.  I need to figure out a time slot during the day, but it is hard to find a quiet moment, let alone several moments to study, with 2 kids that never, and I mean NEVER stop talking!

As far as spiritual progress, it has been good.  Not huge, but it is progress.  I actually made it to church 3 weeks in a row.  Shocking....I know.  I'm reengaging in class participation, although I usually say something that gets me some AWESOME (in my best sarcasm font) looks!

Music Fast:  I am feeling so much less chaotic in my thinking and emotions.  It is crazy.  Music is powerful stuff.  I don't have a time frame on how long I will go.  Like my eating habits, I'm looking for a lifestyle change, so I think I'll just try and moderate what I listen to and evaluate my emotions and thinking and see if I need to change the station, so to speak.

Weight Loss & Exercise:  Progress here has slowed.  I have been eating okay (except for the 4 cookies last night).  My new elliptical is sitting unused because they packed it with 2 left feet.  Literally.  It has 2 left foot paddles.  We contacted them and they sent us a right foot paddle.....for the wrong model!!  Ugh!  I need to get my exercise mojo back though.  I know it would help with my mood and that my weight loss would get moving again.

Getting off Lexapro:  It has been about a month since I've been off Lexapro.  It's been about 3 weeks since I've felt the negative withdrawal symptoms.  My mood has been okay.  I've had a couple blah days, but nothing that lingered.  I've been overly emotional, crying like a pregnant lady at EVERYTHING!!!!  Hopefully that will calm down because it is annoying the crap out of me!  I think my mood will improve once I get to exercising again.  I just need to kick myself in the tush to get me going.


So there you go!  WAY longer than I had planned, but at least everyone's updated now.  :)  Have a wonderful Thursday!  :)


2 comments:

raisruckus said...

Just keep on keepin on! You're awesome. :)

Debbie said...

I agree with the above comment...you are awesome indeed!!

I would recommend you look into getting a Blue light box...I just got one last week from Amazon. My doctor recommended it for my S.A.D. depression. It's shining on me now. :) Do a search for Blue light or SAD light boxes...they are supposed to help. It's too soon for me, and gratefully I'm not down in the pits. We are hoping that the light, better eating, and exercise will keep me from going down into the pits of despair. Call me if you have questions!

I took the Facebook Book of Mormon challenge in September to read it by the end of the year. I'll finish this weekend! It's been good to read it. I usually listen to it when I'm driving back and forth to work...I think I've listened to it 3 times last year and nearly twice this year. Reading it from cover to cover is what I needed!! I'll do more topical study next year.

Keep up your good work...you've made a lot of major shifts in your life and are doing incredible in staying on your new paths. I'm so proud of you and your example is and will impact so many.

Love you sweetie!!
Mom