Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Birthday and the Preciousness of Life

Today was a bittersweet day.  A family in our ward laid to rest their 19 month old son after a drowning accident on Thanksgiving.  It has really hit home with me and many of my peers.  It could have happened to anyone.  It takes only a second for a child to wonder off and disappear.  It has really made me reflect on my role as a mother and how precious life is.  I love my kids and I am taking more opportunities to tell them and show them.  I am so grateful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation.  I am so grateful to know that we can have our kids with us forever.

As I have celebrated my birthday over the past few days, it strikes me how blessed I am with such amazing family and friends.  Not only have I been spoiled rotten with gifts, I have been blessed with thoughtfulness and love.  I have a special and unique love for each and every person in my life.  You each add something special to me and help and affect me differently.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being in my life and blessing me with your friendship.  (Sorry....I'm feeling all mushy and corny today.  Deal with it.)  :P


Here's the sweet elliptical I got for my birthday.  (Or at least one similar).  I just need to get the man to assemble it.  

4 comments:

MZP said...

oh my goodness, i've been crying about that sweet baby for days. he was exactly the same age as sam. just at stake conference we were standing together in the hall holding and talking about our little guys. so, so heartbreaking.

i hope you had a wonderful birthday! have fun with your new elliptical!

Suzanne said...

So happy you were born and glad you had a good birthday.

SO sad to hear about the family in your ward-so tragic. Life truly is a blessing. Thanks for the reminder.

Love you!

Stephens Family said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!!! WHen I heard about the families lost my heart sadden. It could happen to anyone. I'm truly grateful for my family and all the blessings the Lord has given us. Hugs and hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie said...

That sweet family will have my prayers. What a loss...even with the plan of Salvation and faith, losing a child is so hard. May God bless them.
I am grateful you were born! You have been such a joy in my life and I cannot imagine my life without you. You have enriched me in every way. I wish we lived closer; I miss spending time with you. You are fun and a joy to be around.
Your kids are blessed to have you as their mama. You've been blessed with some special kids; all have strong spirits and tender hearts...an amazing combination! Continue to guide them in light and truth and they will thrive!
Love you more than there are words. I couldn't be prouder of you and the path you are on.
Hugs,
Mom