So here's the recipe I came up with. It made the fluffiest, softest playdoh! I think it might become my new staple recipe. And an added bonus....NO CREAM OF TARTAR!!! (Can you hear the savings?) :P
No Cream of Tartar Playdoh Recipe
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 c boiling water
1/2 c salt
3 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a mixer (I have a Bosch). (You can also add in some fine-grain glitter at this point if you like).
2. Add the oil.
3. Boil water in the microwave (takes about 1.5-2 minutes on high).
4. Add desired amount of food coloring to water.
5. Pour water in mixing bowl. It will foam up a bit.
6. Using your cookie paddles (see pic below), mix on low until dough forms a single ball and isn't sticking to paddles or sides of bowl.
7. You can knead it if you like, or just start playing.
If the dough seems too sticky, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it gets to the right consistency.
|Cookie paddles for the Bosch mixer. If you have a Kitchen Aid, I'm sure they have a similar attachment.|