Monday, February 13, 2012

My New Show: The Big Bang Theory

My friend Melissa suggested I check out "The Big Bang Theory".  It's a CBS comedy (which for me is a typical red flag), but it was in reruns, so I thought I'd check it out.

It's about 4 geeks and a hot girl.  Recently, they have added in a couple more girls to the mix which takes the series up a notch or two in my opinion.  The characters are FABULOUS!!!!!  The writing is witty and hilarious!!!!  I seriously can't get enough!

Sheldon is my favorite.  He's a neurotic super-genius.  He's the guy on the middle on the couch in the pic.  He is clueless when it comes to acting normal.  It's a hoot!  He will let you know that he's joking by saying, "BAZINGA!"  Here's one of my favorite scenes from the show.  Sheldon has gotten stuck on a physics problem and can't figure it out.  He's gone to a child's play ball pit to try and visualize it:


In the past couple seasons, they've added Mayim Bialik (who played Blossom on TV when I was a kid) to the cast.  She plays Dr Amy Farrah Fowler, a female Sheldon equivalent.  She is my other favorite.  



The Big Bang Theory (TBBT) comes on CBS on Thursday nights at 7.  It reruns on TBS and on some Fox stations.  Give it a few episodes to get to know the characters.  It's good stuff.  I have my DVR clogged up with tons of episodes.  (You know me and my hyperfocus/obsession problems).  ;)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Warning....it's horribly inappropriate and I feel guilty about loving it too...

Nicole said...

true...it's not a PG show, but i'm not PG girl, so it works. :P and you have enough guilt for both of us melissa! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have loved this show since it came out!!!! I am glad you found it. Always leaves me laughing my head off!

-Allison

Debbie said...

I've watched it a few times and agree that it is cleverly written, the characters are hilarious, but I don't like some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths. I'm good to watch it only about once every 4-6 weeks. Sheldon is my favorite also. :)